16 June, 2011

wHaT u dO wHeN u hAveN't gOt KiDs oR a LifE oR anY mOneY

I am a 'doing' person. I have always liked to do things, especially with my hands. 
I get bored easy too,
So it is not uncommon for me to find myself doing several projects at once while thinking about the other 100 things I want to be doing in the next 3 weeks. 
It can be costly sometimes. 

Recent domestic and possibly marital assignments of mine have included but are not limited to...

* Knitting. I have knitted x6 squares for a blanket and an impromptu scarf which took me the best part of about 3 hrs one long night shift while chatting to the RN who was knitting herself a jacket and who turned out to be a thousand times faster and more better'r at knitting than myself.  

* Flights of fancy feijoa chutney. Yes I made chutney. From scratch. Another midwife gave me a bag of feijoa's and I thought 'Woh that's a lot of Feijoa's' - so I looked up recipes and low and behold...I found a recipe...for feijoa chutney as it turned out. Pretty lucky really because I had a whole lot of feijoa's.

 * Annabel Langbein's Sticky Buns. Like every other New Zealander this year - we got Anna's cook book. I think Anna is a slut just quietly because Justin thinks she's a 'bit of alright' and he then went on, unprovoked, to tell me that he would definately shag Anna if he was given the chance. Annabel, you can have him - he snores. Anyway her buns are pretty sticky and I have to say also a 'bit of alright'.

* Collecting and eating eggs. Proudly I was the first one to sample the produce as Justin was away for a week and missed out. Bummer. I waited until I had two and then I had them for breakfast. Yum. Good little chookies...who we won't mention just got shooed out of the vege garden again. Oh dear.










And there is a whole lot more stuff that I do too. Like drive to and from work which is on average approximately 6 - 8 hrs per week. Then there's the work bit which takes care of another 36 - 48 hrs per week.


Oh and now for something completely different...I now have a 24000 piece jigsaw to do in my spare time. What was I thinking.


2 comments:

Sam aka 3 Little Helpers said...

I can lend some of my children if you like then maybe I can finish my knitting & crochet projects & the million other projects I have underway .. nah who am I kidding I would just star a million more projects :)

cHErRy said...

Thanks for the thought Sam...hope you get some 'you time' to do your projects. Have you tried the new Cadbury Mousse chocolate - it claims to help with 'you time'...I tried it and it helped me to put on more weight, but I'll persist with it a bit longer anyway.