05 October, 2010

BaReLy bEaRinG tO ReMaiN cOmPoSeD fOR eWE



OK! Now this farming thing is getting way out of hand. I'm pretty sure that # Helping your partner to wash and replace a prolapsed ewe uterus # was NOT ON THE BROCHURE! I would remember reading that I'm sure, and I'm fairly positive I would have reconsidered my options right then and there.

As I am a midwife - I am vaguely aware of these sort of things happening - on the pages of textbooks. I was not prepared to be in a paddock with my partner washing an inside-out sheep uterus that looked kind of like a big bloodied octopus tentacle - whoever designed this thing was not thinking about the executioners well being that's for sure.

I had surgical gloves on and I had no joy at trying to push that big mound of flesh back in - I could see no super-human possible way. My partner however, bare handed and now humbly callused from the last 12 years of hard work, put on his serious farmer face and got the job done. For such an incredibly brutal and unfortunate situation to find yourself in with your beloved - I felt nothing but admiration, for a guy who never gives up, always tries to right the wrong and who can look you in the eye with a half smile while he's got his fist implanted up to the elbow in sheep fanny.

Too much information?

Yes. I know - I was there.

So now go and enjoy your lunch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha you did it again....
you have such a beautiful way of writing (even if it is about prolapses...which, I might add, are a wonderful concept that you so pleasantly explained to me way back in your nurse study time...thank you for that)....
Anyway your writing make me happy...it moves me- I even teared up again at the end! and not because I vomited in my mouth.. :)
Luv ya guts (hope they dont ever fall out)
xxxxxxxx