05 February, 2013

rEdNeCK pOtTy MOutH vERsUs tHe AmERiCaN BibLe baShiNG mORoN

Here is a little bit of craziness for you blog readers out there.

One Sunday morning this hot debate was in my news feed and I was shocked at what one woman had to say about it. There were a lot of other comments made from thousands of other opinionated people from all around the world; but this comment stood out to me and made me wild.

Instead of leaving it well alone, I ventured on and this is what came of it...

Conversation started Sunday
When you see me feeding in public I'm not trying to make a point, I'm not trying to turn you on, I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable; to be honest, I'm not thinking about you at all, I'm just trying to get on with my day which involves feeding my children, whenever and wherever they require so. People act like it is beyond our ability to see breasts in different lights based on context. I have more belief in us than that. When I look at your hands, I don't see what you did with your lover last night. When I see your mouth I do not think to wonder what it has done behind closed doors. When you see me feeding my baby, that is all you need to see because that is all there is. You have a choice in your thoughts, you have a choice to discredit your discomfort and grow. Challenge yourself and support mothers, it is hard enough without adding extra conditions.

  • Comments on fB...

  • SUN 9:58am
    Donna SomebodyOrOther (name changed so I don't get sued)

  • That's just disgusting. At least put a blanket over yourself. Would you show your breasts with no baby latched on at a Mardi Gras. Probably not so why do this out in public? Have some decency if not for yourself, then do it for your baby. How is she going to feel later in life when she sees this photo? Embarrassed I would say. If you end up getting attacked or raped, then quite possibly you could have asked for it by doing this. 

  • SUN 10:16 am
  • Cherry-Anne Lee

  • I also can not believe this is such a debate, and that so many women are against B/F it seems in general not just in public. What is ironic is that a Mother with a screaming hungry baby out in public would be probably judged and shunned also...what is it that she's supposed to do - stay confined to her house for the first 2 years just so everyone else is comfortable and satisfied. And @Donna - you are a moron for saying that B/F Mothers are asking for rape! Please go back under your rock. 

  • My message for Donna...
  • SUN 10:32 am
  • Cherry-Anne Lee
  • Donna, I am appalled that you honestly think that a woman breastfeeding her child in a public place is actually 'asking to be attacked or raped'. Did you really think this statement through or are you now regretting it just a bit. As I am a midwife I am an advocate for women's health and I am all for women breastfeeding where ever the hell they like, but I would ordinarily not get involved in such a heated debate about the topic. Your comments however have stirred something truly deep inside me and I feel compelled to write and express my hurt and anger at you, a Mother herself, who could possibly believe her own bullshit for one second and then comment on it in such a way that is so offensive I am finding it difficult to comprehend. No woman ever asks to be raped, even if she is walking down the street naked, let alone when she is breastfeeding her child. Everyone has the right to choose what is acceptable to them when it comes to feeding their baby in places that may not be seen as acceptable by some over concerning demented idiots (like yourself), but they certainly do not choose or 'ask' to be raped or violated. Given the choice, would you see a breastfeeding Mother raped just to prove your point? Your attitude is vile and dangerous. I hope you get many more messages like this one to make you think twice about sharing your warped views with the rest of the civilised world. Please do crawl back to the dark place whence you came and do us all a huge favour!
    Midwife Cherry.


  • MON 5:23pm
  • Donna SomebodyOrOther

    Well I think you took my comments out of context. A way that a woman carries herself, dresses and treats others with respect in public by not baring it all says a lot about the way that the woman wants to be treated. I did not say that this woman was asking to be raped or attacked. But by doing what she did, it could be construed as that in a court of law and then the person who had hurt could get off scot free. ( i have witnessed that in court) Would you want that? I wouldn't. I am all for breast feeding as I think it is a beautiful thing between a baby and a mother, but for heavens sake, cover it up or do it in a place that is not so public. As for being a demented idiot, remember that when you point one finger of blame at a person, there are 3 more pointing back at you. So who is the idiot here. I am almost finished with law school (far from the demented idiot - so to speak) and have seen far more than you probably ever will. I also mentor a basketball team of inner city high school girls in Memphis ( in one of the roughest areas of town) and our bible study now is teaching them to respect themselves through their actions, dress, impressions and through the Bible. Be realistic, the girl in the picture did that for publicity. I am a mother and I sure taught my children how to respect themselves. Why don't you do what you do best and bring them into the world and I will defend them to the Nth degree when they need it. As for me I am from a very realistic world that sees a lot of different things apparently more than you do so why don't you crawl back into the little protected area and bottle you crawled out of with your rose colored glasses on. Like you, I am allowed to share my opinions as I want as freedom of speech does still exist. I My only attitude is one of protection by wanting this woman to have the decency to cover up. And you are the only one who was stupid enough to challenge me through a message. It;s obvious that you don't have anything better to do with your time than criticize others for having an opinion, of which I am allowed to have.


  • MON 9:12pm
  • Cherry-Anne Lee

    Hi again Donna,
    I'm so glad you decided to keep the debate going...and I now know I definitely did not take your comments out of context. Thanks for clearing that up, opening up to me and sharing some more of your incredulous views and perceptions on life and breastfeeding in general.
    Firstly I would like to begin by congratulating you on 'almost' completing a law degree; your parents and family must be so proud. Perhaps then you are just an idiot by choice then when it comes to some of your values towards mother crafting, in particular the breastfeeding of small children in public.
    I have to say however that there is no need to explain any further why you still wholeheartedly believe that a woman breastfeeding could simply be raped because of this act and then also be found to be the perpetrator in a court of law...God help that woman if you happen to be defending her, that's all I can say. Let's hope you are on the rapist's side because he needs a good honest lawyer like you.
    Secondly, and the most important point you made that also makes me forgive and forget, and that's the fact that you a are a God-fearing woman and therefore in my eyes a complete and utter Fuck wit- and as you have put out there freedom and opinion of speech is still alive and well.
    I would love to have rose-coloured glasses on, but unfortunately I have worked as a registered Nurse and more recently a registered Midwife (that's one bachelor degree and one masters degree; not that anyone is counting) for well over a decade and there is nothing pretty about our world at all, especially the bullying that new Mothers experience when they attempt to go out to a cafe with family or friends and try to feed or settle their babies. I don't think that any woman breastfeeds just for publicity, including the woman in the picture. What planet are you living on!
    Rape is also something that I have had to deal with personally, unfortunately for me, and although I did not find myself in court or the person charged; I can assure you that if I had I would not have wished for you (and your green degree and lack of experience in such matters clearly) defending me. In fact I wouldn't wish you as a lawyer (on any level) for my worst enemy.
    I really hope you keep this debate open as I think you have much to learn, even with your prestigious education behind you.
    Please don't take my comments to heart; I dislike most religious people equally; especially those that turn out to be lawyers. What a hypocritical lifestyle choice hey!
    Take care, keep defending those rapists, they are people too and need suckling at the breast just as much as those hungry babies.
    Kind regards
    Midwife Cherry.


  • TUE 2:28am
  • Donna SomebodyOrOther

    Cherry,
    Wake up! Perhaps religion is what you need with your potty mouth. And no I plan on defending the underdog ( which would be the woman). Glad you have been doing your thing for over 10 years, which judging by that it lets me know that I am older and obviously much wiser. I hope that you read other people's comments that they felt she did it for the publicity as well. Waste your time on them and not me please. Your psych babble is quite unwarranted and rather entertaining. I certainly hope that when you are dealing with people you are more professional than your redneck potty mouth suggests. Yes I had a date rape experience as well so been there done that. Thank God for my religion as it bought me through that and a lot of other things. Again I don't care about where and when a woman breast feeds, all I said was use some decency about it if not for the woman's sake then for the sake of the child. I am a mother of 3- an Air Force pilot, a case social worker for the state of TX and a 7 yr old. Please leave me alone if you can't speak without cursing.
    Most Sincerely,
    Donna 'BLEEP', Esq


  • TUE 5:49am
  • Cherry-Anne Lee

    Hi Donna,
    Yes you are old and out of touch.
    I think you would find I am a lot older than you think, but then again just another judgement made by your over conceding self. I'm glad you feel the insecure need to list your occupations...I won't just to save you the embarrassment.
    My potty mouth proves to me that I have seen more bullshit and can keep up with the play a bit more than you can...I don't expect a religious nut to be able to bring herself down to that redneck level.
    Your completely up yourself (in my professional opinion) and I find your messages about women, their children and apparently their need of control over their own dignity by you still very disturbing.
    And also the fact that your attitude regarding your own rape was 'you have been there done that' while only dating a man suggests that you must have been breastfeeding at the time for this to have happened. I hope you had a good lawyer.
    Perhaps I can send you a link reminding you of the Indian student who was gang raped and tortured with a metal bar in front of her fiance on a bus - reports came through that it was her fault because she boarded the wrong bus...there could be 6 brand new cases for you to cash in on and add to your repertoire of exhaustive life achievements.
    Further more I don't see how a baby or young child is ever going to feel indecent about being fed during it's infancy, unless people like you go around spreading hate for breastfeeding. Or is this your plan. To make women so disrespected during breastfeeding that future generations are also disgusted and therefore end up in court suing their indecent mother for feeding them in public and therefore putting both their lives in danger and causing defamation of character all in the one go. God, imagine the profits you could make off that baby.
    I have tried to keep my potty mouth and redneck values to a minimum this conversation, because I think we've only just got started on each other and I don't want to scare you away...
    but *quotation* Fuck Off! *end quotation*.
    Midwife Cherry

  • TUE 5:56am
    Cherry-Anne Lee


    p.s. I will come back from my 14 hr shift today and continue this debate if you so wish, just as I did yesterday and the day before that.

    Seen TUE 8:28 am

  • No further reply was sent.


  • I was not the only one to feel the need to comment on Mrs 'Mother Hubbard' Murray's comment, and I think that Ms Field pretty much summed up how I felt with this rebuke...

  • SUN 10:03 am
  • Joanne Field

  • ...MSG to Donna, are you for real? ...You honestly think breast feeding a child could result in being attacked or raped!?!? you absolute numpty of a woman!! 




No comments: