24 September, 2011

poSitiVely REfreShiNg

...and now for something completely different...
 Apparently my last couple of blogs have been 'too depressing' or so it has been brought to my attention by some people or person/s...
...Are you frickin' serious?!

It is not my will, nor my desire to cater for my audience. I will always write it how it is, glamorous or not. After all, this is my therapy session - not yours; so if I depress you with my words then you have been paying way too much attention to detail and probably need a lesson in black humour - failing this then go and read some 'Cute Kitten' blogs. 
Not surprisingly with British comedy to blame, and influences like 'The Young Ones' and the 'Kenny Everett Video Show', my infantile sponge like brain adapted everyday stresses with the "if I don't laugh I'll cry" theory, and it has served me exceedingly well for the past 34 years and  80 days exactly. I've even had the occasional public giggling meltdown in inappropriate and quiet places with a friend who has caught the same giggle like an airborne Ebola virus, with symptoms such as, but not limited to, uncontrollable shoulder fits and actually peeing my pants in a crowded bookstore while browsing the 'Non-useless Japanese inventions guide' at Pacific Fair. 
I have found a oneness with the universe and accept that life is full of nonsensical nuisances that come along to test my patience daily, and be damned if I'm ever going to let a good 'ol guttural, snickering, snorting laugh at my own, or someone else's misfortune, get away from me. 
My opinion is that people don't laugh at themselves, or others, enough these days. Why is it that some people take their life so seriously all the time? Where is the fun in that? Who wants to die knowing that they didn't get the joke?!
Because life is one big joke. 
Example...
...Today I was the brunt of raucous laughing (and rightfully so) after I declared all matter-o-factly that I had wrapped up a recent baby shower gift pack with a Muslin Cloth (idiotically pronounced by me as Muslim with an 'n' at the end, instead of the correct pronunciation which I have now been well educated on as a result of my literary ignorance) and of course much to the delight of my two nursing colleagues who found this so infinitely hilarious that rolling around laughing for ages was very much necessary, as well as continued snickering and berqa jokes for the remainder of the morning's shift. How could I not laugh at myself? I am a riot after all; practically a walking comedy act. 
So listen up all you serious people out there...if you find you do not relate to my blogs then chances are you have lived a very sheltered and boring life indeed. You need to take a happy pill and watch 'Absolutely Fabulous' 7000 times and then you will be well on your way to understanding me.
 And by the way...don't bother me again or you will get the 'are you frickin' serious?!' cat face again but in person. Don't make me come over there.  
     





No comments: