11 December, 2020

dO i REaLLy NEed A tiTLe?







I woke up at 0555 so I could have a coffee on my own. It's the only time of the day it might be remotely possible that I may hear myself think. 
At 0601 this child came out crying, looking bereaved. I then cooked him some "Once-were-warrior" eggs to which he didn't eat; no surprises there. 
So now I can still hear myself think but it's all "why won't you eat the eggs you arse-hole"? 
But this is a good morning because Mummy has a date with the hairdresser. 
My hair dresser could literally shave my head and slap my face and it would still be a treat compared to home life with 3 children under 7. 
Don't get me wrong. We really wanted children, originally. That's why we went through IVF twice and signed 3 times to have them all. So it was more than planned. What was not planned was the chaos, the changes in your marriage. Your hormones. The vibe of the thing. 
But here I am. 
And I'm dreaming of sitting in that chair. The hairdresser chair, not the electric one - that dream will be later on tonight. 
 

No comments: