13 July, 2011

iT's a DoUBLe yOKEr...wHaT doES iT mEaN?! sO ViViD!

I'm not going to beat around the bush...I am completely infatuated with our five adorable egg-laying machines. They are cheeky but habitual, feathery but soft as silk, and pellet hungry but so damn clever at mass producing a product that we need and eat on a daily basis. I never realised how much we used eggs, spent on eggs and most importantly LOVED eggs until now. EGGS, EGGS, EGGS. One for every day of the week - times five!
And just when I thought I couldn't love those adorable poultry femmes' anymore...They begin to lay DOUBLE YOKERS!
The size of these eggs is enough to bring a tear to your eye; both for the obvious strain it must have caused, and then for the happiness of it all. Our beautiful girls are having twins (quite on the regular occasion too), oh the joy. 
Let me introduce you to them...
Henny Penny & Cajun Chicken

Scratchy

Chicken Little

Pecker

So now you have met them all, I'm certain you can plainly see why I am totally in love with them. They likewise love me and anyone else who happens to enter the orchard, especially if they are carrying the 'Golden Scrap Bucket' - this creates a frenzy of chooky chatter, darting and flapping to be the first one to reach the prize. Put cheese into the treasure trove and watch out.
Pecker demonstrates 'the dart'. Perfectly poised in mid dart.

The amount of eggs we are reaping is outstanding and not looking like it's going to stop anytime soon. Everyday we marvel at the stockpile in the fridge. We give eggs away by the half dozen, baker's dozen and now also in egg cartons of fifteen at a time - and still we have eggs left over. Wondrous really.
I cleverly managed to get a background shot of Justin the Master Chef's impressive fry-pan collection; to highlight what we have in mind for many of these embryonic beauties.

So what's for breakfast? you ask...

No comments: