11 March, 2019

1o DAyS iN


Our gorgeous wee girl turned 5 yesterday and started school today!

Time doesn't just fly...it morphs! One minute they pop out of your interior and next they are wearing a uniform and carrying their own bag into the school grounds. 
I don't remotely feel sad, I feel stoked and proud and relieved. 
My other babies are in day-care and I have the day to myself; albeit car-less (it's in at the mechanics). 
I'm enjoying my freedom with a cafĂ© breakfast (I can't really eat) and a fizzy drink I'm regretting buying. 
I'm 10 days into my new life and there's been some highs and lows. I'm finding it good that I don't really feel hungry most of the time, but when I do...it's torture. I simply can't eat more than about 4-5 teaspoons now. I have pushed all the limits and yesterday I experienced my first 'dumping syndrome' which although mild was a bit awkward to hide as I was out, with the three kids on my own. 
I have not stuck to the fluids only rule for one month, neither have I stuck to the no fruit for 4. I haven't had any concerns with either of those decisions - yet, but I have accidently over eaten a mouthful too much and regretted it as soon as it hits my downsized stomach pouch and can't fit in there. So it sits up top waiting to get in, which can only happen if something passes through quickly...which it never does. I did think I could have vomited had I not been out in public, but fighting that urge, I just sat and waited for room to be made available and then I vowed I'd never be that stupid again. I was. Hours later. 
I guess it's force of habit. I'm used to eating whatever I want in whatever quantities I want. I simply can't do that anymore. 
I am a pretty quick learner, but I think this will take a few more mistakes before I truly get the hang of it. I'm determined not to vomit though. Not classy. 
I will say this, it is amazing what you can survive on (practically nothing) when you are eating correct proportions - and I don't even feel bad for it. Quite the opposite. I have more energy, feel more alert and my plantar fasciitis in my R) foot has just about faded (due to the 9kg drop in weight in 10 days!). I feel fantastic. 
I've got a long way to go but I've taken the biggest step and working hard everyday to make this work for me. It's my one shot at correcting a life of high BMI, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol etc etc. 
I'll do an updated photo when I get the chance. Most people have noticed the weight loss and for that reason I'm glad I told everyone about the surgery...otherwise what was my excuse going to be...??I've just got a really good dose of worms! Ha! Not classy!  

No comments: