19 January, 2014

bE CaRefUL WHaT yOU WisH fOr



Written some months ago...

So we still want to be parents. And we are still waiting to become parents. 
I can say that we have been successful with our second IVF round, just how successful is yet to be determined. 
I have not felt up to blogging while going through the process of IVF as it is draining and a pain in the butt to say the least. Only other people who have gone through IVF will understand and sorry to those who try to understand but will never be able to; it's just the way it is. 
For those who say that IVF is 'a journey' I say...what kind of holidays are you taking these days?! One that involves a multitude of drugs, which are not only taken orally and subcutaneously, but also vaginally (as if there's not enough going on with your vagina with IVF without having to feed it hormones as well). Then there's the procedures which involve probes, K-Y jelly and 15 inch needles - who would sign up for that? 
It's no holiday, that much is certain. To do it all twice is just insane. But we desperately want to have a baby so we keep doing what the Fertility Doctors tell us to do. 
After so much waiting, grieving, frustration and discomfort I can report that my sense of humour has suffered as a result. My sarcasm is my life-line. 
I felt I should try to blog again, despite the laziness that I so obviously feel. I could be best described as being on Auto-Pilot and apparently nobody put in a default blogging setting. 
Mum has spent the last 3 months in a modern day asylum, better described as a Rehab for the mentally ill and where ECT is the programme of choice. Mum's doing really well now and is looking forward to getting back to the Gold Coast. I wish there was more I could do for her, so that she could be there for me. I miss being on the Gold Coast myself but I still can't say I miss being so close to manic Donna. I do miss her however, bizarre as it often seems.
There is so much happening on the 'funny farm' that I can't be arsed going into it all. I'll try to blog more often in the near future and back track some of the more hilariously depressing situations that my husband and I have endured in the past year or so. Get you all up to date so to speak. 
Until then, keep your fingers crossed for us - we only need to make it to the end of March, get through the ordeal of labour and birth, and then try to survive the next 60 years forking out for educations and technology devices. Sounds easy enough... What's the catch?! 
     

No comments: