22 July, 2012

wHAt i WoULdn'T giVe FoR a PAir oF ShiNY REd sHOes...

...so I could click my heels together and go home.
 
Skyping has become my virtual reality. I just sit at my iPad watching Justin cooking himself dinner in the kitchen 3 rooms away from the apple mac. I cling to every little piece of 'normal' that I happen to catch; the cats saunter past the dining room when Justin begins to chop up chicken and start meowing at the kitchen opening, Justin chats to them and tells them they've missed out on the chicken as it's already in the curry paste, I can hear the bells ringing on the front door as Justin goes in and out to the herb garden...it's all those little things that I miss the most. It's these things that make up our life together. The blues and jazz music thrumming out in the background as Justin pours another red wine to compliment his dining experience. 
I can just sit mesmerised in front of my iPad for hours, just watching Justin doing the one thing we love to do every weeknight and every weekend together; listen to music, drink wine and cook. 
We have long since run out of anything to talk about, I just simply want to sit and feel like I'm there, even if I do seem to be trapped in the computer room (I just try not to think about that too much). It is marvelous how far we have come with technology. It certainly has been our saving grace. 
Seeing the cats turn around when they hear my voice brings tears of joy to my eyes. I can't wait to be snuggled up with them again soon, stroking their soft black bodies and feeling them breathing a low rumble of happiness.
Justin and I only get the weekends to skype unfortunately due to our working/sleeping hours clashing. So it is somewhat of a treatie. 
Three weeks left to go.
*sigh*
   

I blog with BE Write

No comments: